Here is where they started. Nice lamps, but a bit to dark for my ever changing taste. So I wrapped the cord and the socket up with tin foil,so paint wouldn't get on them and gave them a coat of flat black paint.
After that was dry I gave them 2 coats of white paint. Then when dry I scratched some of the white paint out of some of the cracks, I really think the difference is night and day. What started out as dark lamps with burgundy shades ended up light and bright, ready for any cottage or coastal decor. Really I think they could work in just about any decor. I also thing they would look great with a burlap shade.
I am happy with the results ... i'm glad I finally did it :)
My advice to you is
Don't say it Spray it :)
You will be glad you did.
Don't forget to come back on the 1st for Septembers button swap link party!
Sharing this post here :)