Monday, September 30, 2013

Bathroom Reveal

Drum roll pleeeeease , Its the moment you have all been waiting for. Well alright, its the moment I've been waiting for. The first completed room in my house :). Some rooms are 90% complete some 20 others 10, but not this baby ... Yay!

I have been wanting to finish this room since the new floor, vanity top and TILE was put in.

I finally grabbed my paint brush and mustard up the strength to finish this room knowing that, because of my Fibromyalgia , I would pay for it later and boy did I ever. But it was worth it ... to have this room done.
I hope you like the finished results as much as I do:)

It is such a good feeling when you pull of that blue tape, you know that the hard part is over. But as you can see that only lasts for a few seconds... till you realize, you have a huge mess to clean up and put away.

 
 Love freshly painted walls. The paint I used was called Luxury linen.
I like it with the white.
 
I added a shelf over the door for extra storage of toilet paper and soaps. And what small bathroom doesn't need extra storage.


I  have hooks on the back of the door for bath towels and face towels. We also put on a new toilet seat.


Out of the 5 cubbies in the bathroom this is the only one dedicated to decorative pieces.


The rest of the shelves are all functional . they hold things like hairspray, combs and brushes. The tripple basket organizer I bought a long time ago from a local craft store. The large one on top holds my make up and the tiny ones under it hold small necessities like nail clipper, files, tweezers and such. The bottom two shelves hold towels.
 
We got a new medicine cabinet too ... no more tape holding broken shelves in place :)
We bought it at Lowes ... the inside is really nice.
I once heard that 40% of guests at a party will look in the hostesses medicine cabinet. Really? Is that true?Who knows :) For the 40% of you that would look ... here you go :)
Was it all you hoped it would be :) LOL
Now back to the pretty stuff :)

I decided to do a grouping on the wall instead of just one thing over the toilet... I wanted to change it up from how it has been for the past few years.


Is there such a group as OAA ( over accessorizing anonymous) If there is I need to be there :)




The cup on the toilet holds retired tooth brushes ... space is tight, but I don't store our toothbrushes on the john LOL :) 

I put a pull out mirror by the sink. It gets used alot for eyebrow tweezing  and makeup. I think I only paid 5 dollars for it at Ikea(online). Other places want over 30 dollars for similar ones.


These little jars I bought at the Christmas tree shop for about $1.




I might need to attend a meeting for soap too:)


The shower curtain is from Joss & Main. Joss and Main 
I fell in love with those ruffles:)

The little cabinet above holds my skin care ... moisturizers, toner and things like that.

I love  poetry by Edgar A Guest. The above picture was a gift:)

You guessed it more storage.
This is the only full bathroom in the house shared by 5 ... we need all the storage we can get.
I don't like a cluttered bathroom. Because of my ocd I want to hide everything:) This holds a spare roll of toilet paper & a few feminine products for easy access. Along with some hand towels. 




Some old photos I found at an antique shop.




This tote hangs on the wall ... you guessed it ...for more storage :)


I tried to balance the new with the old and to make the most of this tiny little space.
I hope you enjoyed the reveal of my small overly accessorized  bathroom , It has been a long time coming.
Now I get to enjoy obsess about finishing everything else:)


Shower curtain options from my Zazzle Shop
       


Please feel free to copy and paste the breast cancer awareness image below to remind people the importance of breast health.
Take care! 


Hollyhocks

Old-fashioned flowers! I love them all:
The morning-glories on the wall,
The pansies in their patch of shade,
The violets, stolen from a glade,
The bleeding hearts and columbine,
Have long been garden friends of mine;
But memory every summer flocks
About a clump of hollyhocks.
The mother loved them years ago;
Beside the fence they used to grow,
And though the garden changed each year
And certain blooms would disappear
To give their places in the ground
To something new that mother found,
Some pretty bloom or rosebush rare —
The hollyhocks were always there.
It seems but yesterday to me
She led me down the yard to see
The first tall spires, with bloom aflame,
And taught me to pronounce their name.
And year by year I watched them grow,
The first flowers I had come to know.
And with the mother dear I’d yearn
To see the hollyhocks return.
The garden of my boyhood days
With hollyhocks was kept ablaze;
In all my recollections they
In friendly columns nod and sway;
And when to-day their blooms I see,
Always the mother smiles at me;
The mind’s bright chambers, life unlocks
Each summer with the hollyhocks.
— By Edgar A. Guest


44 comments:

  1. Francine,
    Your bathroom is gorgeous. I love all your touches in there. The color is beautiful too. So pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of eye candy in your redone bathroom. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've included so many great details in a small space. Love the storage and pretty things. Smart and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let anybody tell you how many accessories are appropriate - I love every little thing in there. It is beautiful and you did a great job. And anyways, it is your house, right? You can come and redo my bathroom anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think bathrooms are such a challenge to decorate-at least for me-mine are really too barren and I always feel overwhelmed. I love yours, the accessories, the colors all of the interesting and charming accents are delightful. You are a great inspiration for me!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ruffle curtain. I don't think they are going to want to come out of the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the shower curtain and the rack on the back of the door, so neat! Thanks for stopping by and now I'm following you.smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the shower curtain and the rack on the back of the door, so neat! Thanks for stopping by and now I'm following you.smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorites are the shower curtain, the bee hand towel, the antique photos, the pull out mirror and the shelf above the door. Congratulations on your lovely space. I hope you are feeling better from all the hard work.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francine,

    I think you have done a fantastic job! I'm in love with the drawing you did on the lovebirds. I think you did a beautiful job! It is so sweet! I have a set of bone lovebirds bookends that I purchased from the Wisteria website several years ago that have listed on Ebay. I love the new photo of you with the camera. Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bathroom is amazing. I love everything about it and that shower curtain is like no other! It's romantic and useful, which is such a winning combination in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the details and the colour scheme. You must be thrilled!!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, I love it. The details are unreal. You have every inch decorated so beautifully, Gorgeous. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/09/184th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty space! Love the pretty white shelf and the ruffled shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. After the bedroom, I think a bathroom is the next most personal room in a house, and your bathroom is a great example of that thought! While there's a lot of things to take in with such a small space, you did great with decorating and organizing so it doesn't look very cluttered. Great job, Francine! I look forward to seeing how the other rooms you're working on turn out. -Dorthey @ Odec Southside

    ReplyDelete
  16. Freakin cutest bathroom I have ever seen..LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bathroom is BEAUTIFUL!! I love your shower curtain! I would love for you to come link up to my Furniture and Paint Party going on NOW!!!

    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bathroom is fascinating! Really pretty. I wouldn't know why people would want to look in a medicine cabinet - sounds boring to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful job you did on that room! I love it. Just joined your blog, I will be back to visit often, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Francine your bathroom turned out gorgeous lady! I love it all but I have to say my favorite is that framed quote about friends!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Francine,

    So very nice to meet you! Wow! What a beautiful transformation in your lovely and feminine bathroom! Aside from all your pretty accessories, I think the shelf above the door is ingenious! Like you, I can't resist open shelving to display all my favourite trinkets, and yours add so much character here. Your bathroom is soft, earthy and fun!

    Have a happy weekend,

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  22. The reveal is worth the wait, soooo gorgeous! I love each and every detail. All your precious
    treasures displayed so beautifully. Love, love, love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Francine, your bathroom reveal is divine! You guys did such an amazing job on it!! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button. Here is the link to this week's Sunday Showcase. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/10/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your bathroom looks great! You do have a lot in there but everything looks like it is all perfectly placed--and like it belongs there. That shower curtain is lovely--nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My! your bathroom is soo pretty. Love all the layers and details. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
    Sarah
    www.simplylinen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your bathroom looks beautiful! I had to take my time to study each photograph to see all of the wonderful ideas you used. I have, for years, wanted to put a shelf above the door in our bathroom, but have never gotten around to it (in 34 years). I wasn't sure how it would look, but you have inspired me. Everything about your bathroom works so perfectly together.

    Your lovebirds painting turned out to be adorable. I also enjoyed the Edgar Guest poems, having never read any of his work before.

    I am your newest follower on Google Friend Connect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my...looks like your "salle de bain" makeover was SO worth the wait (and pain). LOVELY! I adore all of the little details throughout. perfection! so happy you joined in on "grey dey thursdey!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Francine... doesn't it feel good to tick a project off your list. You should be very proud because this room make-over is adorable!! So much eye candy and thought gone into the elements used.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home was so pretty good... Love your interior designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Francine your bath looks very warm and charming! You have a great blog full of inspiration and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fantastic update! I think this looks so much brighter – the tile is just gorgeous. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration!

    Prodigg Signatures

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Francine, I was looking back tonight at some of your lovely projects I posted on my Friday Finds in the past and realized I hadn't seen you in a while! I just wanted to stop in and wish you a Happy New Year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks amazing!
    Greetings from Serbia! :)
    Marijana

    ReplyDelete
  34. This bathroom is absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about it


    Poulin Design Center
    Bathroom Remodel Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post and the bathroom looks lovely. thanks for sharing it.

    Kitchen Cabinets Parker
    Kitchen Cabinet Denver


    ReplyDelete
  36. Great post and the bathroom looks lovely. thanks for sharing it.

    Kitchen Cabinets Parker
    Kitchen Cabinet Denver


    ReplyDelete
  37. You are on a roll! I love the color choices you made for this bathroom. Your shower curtain is elegant too with the monogram on it. Make your simple bathroom to modern bathrooms with our services

    ReplyDelete
  38. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. Read more

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for another great post.This is so amazing.
    ghost mannequin

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  43. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $8,070 in a week from an initial investment of just $500. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...