Monday, July 23, 2012

Old & Rusty + 11 Things to Get to Know me

OK lets start with the old and rusty, then on to 11 things you may not know about me. 
My kids have informed me that I post to many lame jokes ...so i will make no mention on the list about me getting old & rusty. 
I have always had a thing for old keys. I'm not sure what it is about them. Like this collection I have sitting on the book bundle below.
Can you imagine what treasure, secrets or doors these may have opened.
Who's pockets they have been in, Who's wall they may have hung on.
Now they sit in my house and make me wonder.

A little while back I found this old wood tray with handle at an antique store in Hamburg Pa.
I'm not sure of what its original purpose was. I fell in love with its natural worn texture. Here it is below with some ball jars and other lil treasures of ours.
To my old soda crate Nathan added a treasure of his from when he was little. Can you see the antler sitting in the crate below? Nathan found this on a walk with his grandfather years ago. Its nice that he kept them.

Now lets see if I can come up with some things people may not know about me.
1. I am an only child
2. I am a licensed hair stylist and makeup artist.
3. I use to make and sell dollhouse miniatures.
4. Before I started my family , I wanted to be a school art teacher.
5. I love Jane Austin movies.
6. I love seafood.
7. I always used to watch Ellery Queen with my mom, late at night.
8. I hate  the cold weather.
9. I still love PB&J sandwiches.
10. What I expect most from myself and those close to me is Loyalty, honesty & compassion.
Ok that is 10 :) 
The 11th is i will be hosting a monthly button swap party, here at Ethereal PLUS what I Love , starting the 1st of August. 
Click on the party Rules link below for more details of how this party works.



Feel free to FB & Tweet about the party ... invite all your friends ! The bigger the party the better!

Ethereal PLUS what I Love


Buy Keys  like these in my e-Boutique 
Sharing here ... Join in :)
   http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/  
 All Star Block Party
French Country Cottage{Primp}Ivy and Elephants

The Thrifty GrooveFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
                    vif187

25 comments:

  1. I love PB&J too and I'm getting pretty old and rusty myself!

    Your wooden tote with the handle was probably a berry tote - little wooden berry baskets fit on it - usually lined up by twos. I have one listed in my shop right now, but am so tempted to keep it!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for following my blog, and I am thrilled to be following you!! I have a major love for those skeleton keys. Your photo is beautiful. HUGS new friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francine,

    I love keys too and I am flat out in love of those gorgeous blue mason jars! I wish I could find some that aren't so costlly. Most of the ones I see are very expensive. The color is beautiful.

    One of my best and dearest friend is a hair stylist who at one time owned her own shop. She was also an educator for Paul Mitchell Systems. She traveled and taught classes on the weekends. She also competed in hair competitions and won many awards for her Avant Guarde style hair styles. They were a bit to wild for me! HA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those old skeleton keys.And I too am a hair stylist.Not working in a shop anymore.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta Da....I am your 201st follower...I feel important...Loved your blog, so decided to follow...I too love old wooden boxes and keys... By your list, I think we could be very good gal pals if we lived in the same town! Come see what I've been doing sometimes over at my blog palace! tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a pile of keys, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Francine~ Fun facts about you...I also like pb&j on toast with a cup of tea! lol~ LOVE the old keys. So cool. I enjoyed looking at your blog. Have a great week :)
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like we have lots in common...love your totes and treasures. Never too old for PB &J...or PB & Honey is my new fave :) New follower, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely photos! Love the addition of the antlers! I need to get my hands of some of my hubby's!! They look so great in vignettes!
    Thanks for stopping by Timewashed! I'm following you now, too! Off to check out the party!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your old junk is all so cool. My favorite is that book with the keys tied together. Wish I could find old keys here. never see them around here. I too wonder about the stories behind the things I find. Hope you'll stop over and visit at Quirky Vistas!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and leaving me your sweet comment! I appreciate the visit.
      Liz

      Delete
  11. I'm a long time key lover myself and have a ring of skeleton keys hanging on a lamp in my fort. Love your pretty vignette with the books and keys together. What a fun tray and so pretty with all your treasures in it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally love old and rusty too and am always on the hunt for treasures! Love the keys:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sound like a lovely person to know. I am happy to be following you back. And, I love old keys as well, but now I'll look at them and think about them they way described :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUN post...and Love the keys tied on the book...I might just steal that idea:)
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun post to learn more about you. Loving those old keys and how you have them displayed.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love love the old keys! They are perfect. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love keys~Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful keys!! I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for sharing your key post with us at WIW. I just love old keys and the thought of all they unlocked.
    I can't wait until the button swap, sounds like fun!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your toolbox vignette. I am now following to see more vintage goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore old keys. I love all your treasures. I also have a thing for old Ball Jars. Thanks for sharing.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously love both vignettes! The books are awesome! Thank you for sharing this with us last week at TTF. I hope you are having a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey I too love old and rusty. No, I'm not talking about my hubby. lol! I had to throw that in because he tells me that I use lol too much. Guess he's right. I love your old keys on your book bundle. I too wonder about things like that. Whenever I use my vintage dishes I wonder what the original owner used it for. Love your decor style. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup. Happy to find you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Francine I love it all! Thanx for coming to party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...