Sunday, July 8, 2012

4 C's of my Latest Thrifting Finds

When it comes to the 4 c's of diamonds ...the more perfect the better. When it comes to the 4 c's of my latest thrifting finds ... perfect isn't even a part of the package and that is just the way I like it. So what are they.  Certificate,Cases,Camera & CHEAP!

I feel Like it has been forever since I have gotten out treasure hunting ... I tell you It can really take your mind off life's little not so little stresses. Even if you don't find anything ... the hunt is a great distraction. 
So back to the finds ... I found this really cool certificate from the 1920's. It belonged to a medical student from the University of London. This will fit in nice with Nathans old apothecary bottles.

Next ...the cases. I have been trying to find cases like these for a long time. I hardly ever see them ... but when I do ,they are way to expensive.
The very nice gentleman there sold me the 2 large ones for way less than I have seen just one priced at.
And he threw the little one in for free ...cause he said he was glad they were going to a good home, were they would be appreciated. He was right.

The camera . Nathan Is the one that always spots all the neat cameras. I really like the look of this one , it is marked 1910 ... it is over a hundred years old. This little piece really adds plenty of nostalgia to a space.

In case your not familiar with these old cameras ... the front accordion looking part squashes up inside the case and closes completely up. Yes squashes up is the technical term I have chosen here  :)


Last but not least ... CHEAP.
Nathan and I spent under 100.00 on our day out ... that includes the Framed certificate,camera, all 3 cases and lunch for two :)
We usually don't spend that on a day out ... but it has been a while and we found such great stuff.


By the way, speaking of cameras ...I need help finding a new one...if any of you know where and or what type of camera I could purchase that would give me better quality photos than what my current camera is taking (its a junk camera) , I would appreciate your input. I am looking for something easy to use that has professional quality photos that isn't very costly.



Sharing this post here ... join in...
  

   Photobucket
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

31 comments:

  1. Francine,

    I always come away from your blog thinking about the great ideas and wonderful eye you have for scooping out the best of the best bargains. You always seem to have a plan and everything flows so well together!

    I wish I could help you on your camera dilemma but I'm not much on cameras (although, I do love the one you purchased that "smashes up" inside the camera) I wish I was but as long as a camera takes a reasonably good picture that's all I care about! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francine; thanks for following and I am following right back. Your collections are amazing and the way you do your groupings and vignettes is a pleasure to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cases. I have som green ones that I need to display. Sorry I can't help you with the camera issue, I have a junk camera too. I have a camera like the one you found. It belonged to my uncle. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your treasures, they look fantastic! Thanks for visiting and following - happily following back :)

    Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your suitcases and the way they stack together. Perfect sizes.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Love the old suitcases and the camera especially made my heart go patter patter!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some real treasures - love your suitcases and the camera!! Thanks so much for coming to share at the Knick of Time Blog Hop!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds and the luggage pieces make a nice vignette under the secretary! Good treasure hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the suitcases and camera - great deal! I want to come shopping with you!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the suitcases. My daughter has several stacked in her room.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by. That is a crochet bookmark that my sister made on my shelf. I love this old camera and the wonderful suitcases. It is SO much fun to treasure hunt! I use a Nikon coolpix P50 and it's small and easy to use! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vignette is precious. I love the stacked cases... I have a *squash* camera, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your suitcases and that camera! What a beautiful arrangement -- so warm and inviting to look at. Sounds like it was all well worth the 100.00 for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds!
    We found you via the Blog Hop and are new followers!

    We're having a giveaway at our blog-come see!
    rusticanthology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sure got some "cool" suitcases and I love that camera.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh I'm so jealous of those suitcases! I'm searching for a set like that as well! that is awesome. I saw an old camera like that recently too! had the case and original paperwork and everything but it wasn't in super good condition. This post makes me want to run out and go thrifting right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I particularly love the colors of the suitcases, and the smooth finish and trims on them--they are just beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those old suitcases are getting very hard to find and you've found some great ones! Congrats!!! Love the camera, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to go thrifting with you. I never find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow---good for you! Such great finds. I agree....the cases are harder and harder to find...I love them so much too. I found you from knick of time's blog hop! I will be following your wonderful blog....thanks for sharing! lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Francine - I'll be featuring you next week at Knick of Time Tuesday and there will be an "I Was Featured" button waiting at the party for you!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great finds!!! I know what you mean about the suitcases. And the certificate would go with our apothecary bottles, too, if you get tired of it, lol. Camera's great, too. I have my Mom's old Brownie.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been on the hunt for the prefect suitcases for my bedroom and I have yet to find them...and at a thrifty price as well... GREAT FIND! We'd love it if you'd share this at our link party - Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, What great finds and you can't beat the price! Thanks for joining the Open House Party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the cases and camera! Great finds. Thanx for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your cases, I was just asking mt hubby last night what we did with all my parents old cameras- but I think my sister must have them- I would love to put them out on display!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle. Love your finds! I love a good treasure hunt! Life to the full to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously, they are perfect! Wonderful finds!! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again next week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the suitcases! I'm a new follower coming from a blog hop! I would love if you followed back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great finds. Love the suitcases. I have some that belonged to my grandparents. I love the camera. I have one sitting on my shelf that had belonged to Great Aunt Nina. And there is still film in it.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE those old suitcases and camera!!! Great finds! I am joining from knick of time and now following you!
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...