Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Nest

Call it an urban nest , call it decorating outside of the box , call it using what you have on hand or call it feathering fluffing the nest. What ever you call it ... I call it pretty darn cute, some lil bird family called it home ( HoMe TwEeT hOmE ) .

Some little bird out there is a mixed media artist , she decided to feather her nest with ...well ... fluff . Some dried flowers, some dried grass and a whole lotta fluff. any ones patio furniture cushions a little less full?
When i found this in the garden I just had to smile. I have heard of bringing a little of the outside in,  Mama bird was bringing some of the inside out (insides out of a pillow that is). Have any of you found an interesting/out of the box nest?
This was my first.



stylish once again
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



8 comments:

  1. I have never seen a nest with "fluff" before...that is so cute!!! What a creative little birdie....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! She makes one mean nest! It's adorable, are you going to keep it? I once found the starting of a nest beneath my patio table right outside our back door. We had a wall of windows that went the length of our patio in the back of our house. We moved the nest because our back door was so close to the nest ( we hated moving it) that every time we had to open the door we knew momma bird would be diving at us to protect her peeps! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixed media nest! A bird after my own heart.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award-congrats! You can find the details on my blog :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute nest! I found one just last week while on a walk. It had fallen out of the tree, but wasn't in very good condition otherwise I would've taken it home with me! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you were going to say you made this--it is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I found that beauty, it'd come inside with me to admire all day! My neighbor had a nest in his rafters and went to take it down when out popped a little baby bird! So the nest stayed (but I'll have to see if they babies have flown the coop so I can swoop in and take their home.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...